1. Where are you from?
Orlando, FL by way of Newark, NJ
2. How long have you been dancing?
I’ve been belly dancing for over 15 years. I’ve performed all over the country and I’ve been teaching in-person classes in Raleigh, NC for the past 3 years.
3. How did you become interested in belly dance?
I always loved to dance. I found belly dance to be the best option when I was looking for a dance form with low impact on the knees. After a few lessons I was hooked! I’ve studied several styles of belly dance including Egyptian, Cabaret, Tribal Fusion and FCBD® Style.
4. What's my favorite thing about teaching belly dance?
The joy on my students faces when they realize their bodies can, in fact, move that way! I love sharing love and light through this ancient movement.
5. What kind of music do you like to dance to?
Nothing is off limits! I play music that resonates with my soul. This includes Neo-soul, R&B, Pop, Afro beats, Turkish, Hip Hop….the list goes on.
6. Any advice to those interested in trying dance or fitness classes for the first time during The Covid-19 Pandemic? If you find yourself with the extra time you never thought you would have, why not try something new? Or get back in touch with a side of you that you had to let go of, for whatever reason. These are unchartered territories; be safe and move at your own pace.